A consumer walks previous a Mattress Tub & Past Inc. retailer
Andrew Harrer | Bloomberg | Getty Photos
Bed Bath & Beyond continues to close underperforming places, with dozens of closures deliberate for early this yr.
The corporate launched an inventory of 37 places unfold throughout 19 states the place liquidation gross sales have already kicked off and the retailers are anticipated to shut by the top of February. It contains 5 Mattress Tub retailers in California, seven in New York and one in New Jersey.
In 2020, Mattress Tub announced it planned to close about 200 of its core banner stores over two years, as a part of its broader turnaround efforts. It is also within the midst of transforming places to cut back litter and add brighter signage and new manufacturers.
When Mattress Tub reported its fiscal third-quarter results on Wednesday, the house items retailer mentioned it has closed roughly 170 places up to now and remains to be on monitor to hit 200 by year-end.
Chief Govt Officer Mark Tritton advised analysts that the corporate will discover extra closures sooner or later. It additionally owns the BuyBuy Child banner, which was a shiny spot of the enterprise throughout the newest quarter as gross sales in residence and tub items at Mattress Tub slowed.
“We’re executing a full-scale transformation and concurrently operating a enterprise in a extremely unpredictable atmosphere,” mentioned Tritton throughout an earnings convention name.
Mattress Tub shares are down about 31% over the previous 12 months.
This is the checklist of 37 Mattress Tub & Past places slated to shut early this yr:
- Oxford: 1000 Oxford Trade Blvd.
- Casa Grande: 1004 North Promenade Parkway
- Yuma: 1212 South Fort Dome Ave.
- Campbell: Almarida Place, 515 East Hamilton Avenue
- Laguna Niguel: 32391 Golden Lantern
- Milpitas: 147 Nice Mall Drive
- Rancho Santa Margarita: 22235 El Paseo
- Tustin: Tustin Market Place II, 13692 Jamboree Street
- Orange Metropolis: 963 Harley Strickland Blvd.
- Atlanta: 130 Perimeter Middle West
- Marietta: 4475 Roswell Street
- Pocatello: 1732 Hurley Drive
- Jackson: 1132 Jackson Crossing
- Duluth: 1303 Miller Trunk Freeway
- Eagan: 1295 Promenade Place
- St. Joseph: 5201 North Belt Freeway
- Meridian: 131 S. Frontage Street
- Edgewater: Edgewater Commons, 489 River Street
- Auburn: Auburn Plaza, 217 Grant Ave.
- Canandaigua: 328 Japanese Blvd.
- Glenmont: 388 Feura Bush Street
- Niagara Falls: 1520 Navy Street
- Plainview: 401 S. Oyster Bay Street
- Port Chester: 25 Waterfront Place
- Spring Valley: 14 B Spring Valley Market
- Mansfield: Ontario Towne Middle, 2259 Walker Lake Street
- Pittsburgh: 7507 McKnight Street
- York: 2845 Harmony Street
- Brownsville: Dawn Palms Buying Middle, 3000 Pablo Kisel Blvd.
- San Angelo: 4169 Sundown Drive
- Vienna: 2051 Chain Bridge Street
- East Wenatchee: 511 Valley Mall Parkway
- Longview: 200 Triangle Middle
- Seattle: 2600 SW Barton St.
- Union Hole: 1740 East Washington St.
- Sheboygan: Memorial Mall, 3347 Kohler Memorial Drive
- Triadelphia: 555 Cabela Drive
USA Today first reported on the places anticipated to shut this yr.