Clear limitations imposing social distancing measures are seen on tables at a restaurant in Hong Kong, on Tuesday, April 21, 2020.
Roy Liu | Bloomberg through Getty Photos
From bars and pubs to sports activities premises and karaoke rooms, Hong Kong shall be banning most public actions from Friday.
The Asian monetary hub shall be re-imposing strict Covid-19 measures for 2 weeks — beginning Friday to Jan. 20 — as the town braces for the unfold of the extremely infectious omicron variant. They are going to be reviewed in a single week.
“We face a really dire state of affairs of a serious group outbreak any time, and that is why now we have to take very decisive measures,” Chief Government Carrie Lam stated Wednesday when she introduced a slew of stringent measures in a bid to include the outbreak as early as doable.
The federal government introduced that incoming flights from eight countries will be banned from Saturday to Jan. 21. They’re: Australia, Canada, France, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, the UK and america.
Hong Kong recorded 38 new coronavirus instances on Wednesday, and has 12,708 confirmed instances up to now, according to a government website.
To date, 73.4.% of the overall inhabitants has acquired two doses of a vaccine as of Thursday, according to government data.
The tightened social distancing guidelines embody a ban on consuming in eating places after 6 p.m., closure of theme parks, museums and venues together with health facilities and bars.
The federal government can be canceling a mass biking occasion, Cyclothon, and leisure amenities akin to Hong Kong Disneyland, cruise ship excursions and nightclubs and karaoke venues for 14 days beginning Friday.
Here is an inventory of every thing that shall be closed from Jan. 7.
- Eating places should additionally cease providing dine-in companies to clients day by day from 6 p.m. till 4.59 a.m. native time the next day over that interval.
- Bars or pubs shall be closed.
- No reside efficiency and dancing exercise is allowed in catering premises. Karaoke or mahjong-tin kau exercise must also be suspended therein.
- Leisure premises shut: theme parks, museums, social gathering rooms, karaoke rooms, sport facilities, Chinese language-style playing institutions for mahjong and tin kau (dominoes), occasion and efficiency venues and cinemas shall be closed.
- Sports activities and sweetness actions: health facilities, swimming swimming pools, sports activities premises, in addition to magnificence parlors and bathhouses may even be shut.
- Excursions to stop: All native excursions and “cruises-to-nowhere” suspended.
- Public hospital and nursing dwelling visits halted.