Brian Roberts, CEO, Comcast, speaks with Jim Cramer, on CNBC’s “Mad Cash” from Philadelphia, September 6, 2018.
David A. Grogan | CNBC
Comcast reported fourth quarter earnings Thursday that beat analyst estimates on the highest and backside line however missed on excessive pace web buyer additions.
Shares rose greater than 2% throughout premarket buying and selling on the report.
Listed here are the important thing numbers:
- Earnings per share: 77 cents, adjusted vs. 73 cents estimated per a Refinitiv survey of analysts
- Income: $30.34 billion vs. $29.61 billion estimated, in line with Refinitiv
- Excessive-speed web clients: 212,000 web additions vs. 220,000 estimated, in line with FactSet
Comcast mentioned its dividend elevated 8% to 27 cents per quarter and that it elevated its inventory buyback authorization by $10 billion.
The corporate warned about lower-the-expected broadband customer growth within the fourth quarter at an occasion final month.
Here is how Comcast’s divisions did within the quarter in contrast with a 12 months earlier:
- Cable Communications contributed $16.41 billion in income, up 4.5%
- Media introduced in $5.83 billion in income, up 8.4%
- Studios contributed $2.42 billion in income, up 36.4%
- Theme Parks introduced in $1.89 billion in income, up 191.3%
- Sky contributed $5.08 billion in income, down 2.5%
NBCUniversal’s ad-supported streaming platform, Peacock, ended 2021 with 24.5 million month-to-month lively accounts. As of July, the corporate mentioned it had 54 million sign-ups to the platform, which entered a crowded discipline of opponents together with Netflix, Disney and Amazon.
The corporate mentioned its media outcomes included $335 million of income and an adjusted EBITDA lack of $559 million associated to Peacock, in comparison with $71 million in income and an adjusted EBITDA lack of $254 million in comparison with the identical quarter final 12 months.
After prolonged shutdowns as a result of pandemic, the corporate’s theme parks enterprise noticed an enormous bounce again, seeing its most worthwhile fourth quarter on report, even whereas entry to worldwide company remained constrained. The section introduced in $1.89 billion in income, a 191.3% enhance from the year-ago quarter.
Sky noticed a slight lower in income in comparison with the identical quarter final 12 months, primarily resulting from decrease content material income partly due to modifications to sports activities programming licensing and direct-to-consumer income.
This story is creating. Verify again for updates.
Disclosure: Comcast is the proprietor of CNBC father or mother firm NBCUniversal.